Engine Out!

A couple of hours today saw a good deal more progress. I grabbed a spanner from Robin to get rid of the fan – I can’t tell you how much I could have done with that yesterday!

dsc_00021

Then it was time to get the injector wiring out of the way, which marked the point at which all electrics were clear. We removed the power steering pump and tied all that gubbins out of the way to the car. The fuel lines were separated, and then it was engine out time!

dsc_00032

dsc_00043

dsc_00051

A few bolts and a bit of a wiggle and we had the gearbox separated.

dsc_00071

dsc_0008

That was our objective for the day, so we finished off with a bit of a tidy. Tomorrow we’ll work on moving all the ancillaries, and the flywheel and clutch to the replacement motor block. So for now, the car looks a little like this!

dsc_00091

No comments yet

Leave a reply